Puff Back Cleaning
Puff Back? What is it?
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace, there's always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there's a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it's better left for the professionals. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, but its contents can also be carcinogenic, therefore needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. Kentucky Disaster Restoration, LLC has the manpower and equipment to get you back to normal, soot free, in no time.
Keep Your Home Clean
Call (606) 391-1736
What should you do?
When dealing with puff back soot, there are a number of safety precautions to take:
- Call Kentucky Disaster Restoration, LLC at (606) 391-1736
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces
- Place rags / towels on affected areas to contain it
- Throw away all exposed food
- Wash houseplants thoroughly
- Call a professional to fix your furnace
What shouldn't you do?
Toxic soot can compromise the well-being of you and your family. There are a couple of things you should avoid.
- Don't attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself
- Don't use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire, or water without calling a professional first
- Don't turn on ceiling fans or other fans
Since 2017, Kentucky Disaster Restoration, LLC has been restoring properties which have experienced puff back. When you're faced with this frightening situation, don't worry. Call the experts at Kentucky Disaster Restoration, LLC, and we'll have your frightening situation handled in no time.
Call for Fast FREE Quote
Dial Area Code first please.